Pianist Job Description
Copyright 2009-2012 St. Stephen's Lutheran Church
10828 N. Huron St.
Northglenn, Colorado 80234
CONTEMPORARY/ALTERNATIVE WORSHIP ACCOMPANIST
Last Revised: June 2014
1. Strong relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Understanding of contemporary worship, both in a non-liturgical setting and effectively
incorporating elements of Lutheran liturgy, traditions and feast days, where appropriate.
3. Strong musicianship in a variety of musical styles.
4. Team leadership; ability to work with staff members and volunteers.
PRE-REQUISITE EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, EDUCATION:
1. Prior Experience as a Contemporary Worship Accompanist (team or individual).
2. Related training through conference(s)/event(s) involving contemporary worship.
3. Christian education through Confirmation and/or adult bible study.
4. High School diploma or equivalent required; college a plus.
1. Following Pastor's direction, help plan music for our Contemporary Worship Service.
2. Participate in one weekly rehearsal and occasional additional rehearsals as needed.
3. Assist the Pastor in communicating necessary information to Church Secretary in a timely
manner for preparation of supporting videos, visuals, bulletin, etc.
4. Occasionaly accompany the Chancel Choir at the Traditional Service.
5. Attend at least one continuing education event per year.
6. Expected hours per week: 4
St. Stephen's Lutheran Church - Northglenn, Colorado - Celebrating 50 Years